Today we made Brownies. Definitely an essential food for lockdown/isolation.
I’ve put the recipe below, its flour-less and Dairy-Free, but they are the nicest, goo-iest Brownies ever, and really easy to make. It took 10 minutes to make and 30 minutes to bake. They are so good, there is only one small piece left as I write this before bedtime. I’m calling that piece “Breakfast” 😉
But today was also the day we heard about Boris Johnson being taken in to Intensive Care. It means he is really poorly. I have got used to hearing about thousands and thousands of cases, but hearing that someone as important as the Prime Minister is scary. It can get to anyone. Get Well Soon Boris.
The brownie recipe: (from ‘ThatsAshleysKitchen’ on Instagram)
– ¾ cup of chocolate chips (we used milk chocolate)
– 90ml olive oil
– 2 large eggs – ⅔ cup granulated sugar
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– ¼ cup raw cacao powder
– 3 tbsp arrowroot powder
**preheat oven to 170°C**
1. Place chocolate chips & olive oil in a large microwaveable bowl. Microwave for 1 minute. Mix with a whisk.
2. Add eggs & beat with whisk.
3. Add granulated sugar & vanilla extract. Beat again.
4. Add cocoa powder. Beat it again well!
5. Add arrowroot powder. Beat it again well!
6. Pour & spread mix into a SMALL baking tin lined with parchment/baking paper. We used a small 8”x4” loaf tin.
7. Pop in the oven & bake for 30 minutes!
8. Remove & let sit until cool, a bit. (try and resist the temptation to grab a fork & dive straight in…🍫)
Gary Chaplin. Executive HeadHunter